The town of Riparbella is placed at the southern foot of the Poggio di same Nicola. The country is to develop along the road on a ridge of a hill back. The name of Riparbella is given to light in 1024 from the Latin word “ripa albella” ie “white side”, for its constitution and sandy tufaceous which are the top of the hill. The territory initially ruled by laity and clergy suffered as a result of the jurisdiction of the Archbishop of Pisa. The territory was never heavily populated because of the unhealthy climate, as well as the agricultural activity that was never able to have a strong start. The population has had a marked increase only in the nineteenth century, from 682 to 2,518 inhabitants.